RISE are accredited for a large number of test methods, including our own test methods for evaluating fire suppression intended for engine compartments of buses and other heavy vehicles.
RISE is an appointed Technical Service for the Swedish Transport Agency (Transportstyrelsen). This means that our fire test reports can be used as a basis for UNECE type approvals issued by the Swedish Transport Agency which is the Swedish National Type Approval Authority. The UNECE Type Approvals for e.g. fire suppression systems based on the results of the tests performed in accordance with UNECE Regulation No. 107 at our facilities can be used in the whole European Union.
The P-Mark is the quality label of RISE and used in many areas
The P-Mark means that the product meets legal or regulatory requirements, but in most cases, it also means that it meets other, more stringent requirements demanded by the market. P-mark certification means that the product is type-tested, and that the manufacturer’s own inspection is audited by RISE, and for some products it also means that installation/fitting is inspected. The UNECE Regulation No. 7, Annex 13 was created based on the tests in SP Method 4912.
For buses, coaches and other heavy vehicles RISE offers the following P-mark certificates:
- Vehicle manufacturers with respect to vehicle fire safety (SPCR 190)
- Vehicle operators with respect to vehicle fire safety (SPCR 191)
- Authorized service centers with respect to vehicle fire safety (SPCR 192)
- Fire detection systems in engine compartments of heavy vehicles (SPCR 197)
- Fire suppression systems in engine compartments of heavy vehicles (SPCR 199)
Benefits of a P-marked fire suppression system
- The fire detection and suppression system has been fire tested in a well-defined and objective way as well as to realistic fire hazards that can occur on a bus.
- Included components in the fire suppression detection system have been tested for harsh environments.
- A fire risk assessment is made on each bus type before design and installation of the fire suppression system.
- The fire suppression manufacturer’s design of systems, production and installation control is reviewed by independent approved third-party auditors as part of the overall quality assurance.
- Enabling safe escape for passengers.
- Reduction of loss of lives.
- Reduction of loss of buses.
- Securing business continuity.
- Reduction of societal costs.
- Enhancing goodwill.